If there’s one time in your life you want your hair to look it’s absolute best it’s on your wedding day. Healthy hair is the result of long term maintenance and lots of TLC.
Here are five top tips you will need on your way to fabulously beautiful wedding hair:
- Learn about your hair, if you’re not sure what type of hair you have ask me or your regular stylist to have a look at it and tell you. Whether it be oily with dry ends, fine or coarse you need to know this so you can start buying the recommended shampoos, conditioners and general products that are designed for your specific hair type.
- Drink water! Like with all beauty regimes water is the number one must have for giving you healthy skin,nails and therefore hair, never underestimate the power of hydration it really is magic in so many ways.
- Choose a good hair oil, I recommend Argan oil to all of my clients, this is a must have whether you are getting married or not. This treatment for hair completely transforms and repairs as its formula transports lost proteins for strength. It absorbs instantly to fill in gaps in hair made by heat,styling and environmental damage!
- Go steady with the washes! We all love clean hair but did you know the most important oils for your hair are the ones we produce ourselves, over washing does not give these vital oils chance to nourish your hair. Washing your hair around 3 times a week is plenty, if you do suffer with oily roots or feel like having a refresh there are a great range of dry shampoos around that really do a great job. Also by not washing too regular you will be avoiding overheating your hair with hair dryers and straighteners which cause irreparable damage and split ends.
- Regular trims!.. Although many brides want grow their hair for their big day it is essential for healthy looking hair to have regular trims. It is a known fact that keeping the ends trimmed avoids any splits and stimulates growth. Having your hair trimmed between 6 and 12 weeks depending on your length and style will assure that you have super healthy hair leading up to your wedding. I can prep your hair for your big day, ask me for a consultation, i can also colour and cut your hair leading up to your wedding if you need me.